Breast-feeding for the first six months of a infant is recommended by the World Organization. University of Sao Paulo City in Brazil did a research study about breast feeding with infants.
1. Crossbite decreased with longer breast feeding duration
2. Children that did not breast feed had 31.1% incidence of crossbite
3. Children that did breast feed for less than six months had 22.4% incidence of crossbite
4. Children that did breast feed between six to 12 months had 8.3% incidence of crossbite
5. Children that did breast feed for more than 12 months had 2.2% incidence of crossbite
Summary- Breast feed infants for at least 6 months to lower the incidence of crossbite.
To learn more, contact Childrens Dentist Greenville NC 252-752-1111 Drs. Capps, Bowman & Padgett.
Click here to cancel reply
Remember my details
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail