23% of people snore on a regular basis and 45% snore on an irregular basis!
A list of common causes include:
1. Weight of a person – Losing weight can help a person to stop snoring. Also, reduced blood pressure and diabetes can result from weight loss.
2. Nasal Anatomy – If a person has a partial or a complete blockage of the nasal cavity, snoring may occur.
3. Mouth Anatomy – Enlarged tonsils, thick tissue in the back of the mouth, and a big uvula can cause snoring.
4. Drinking Alcohol – Alcohol and sleeping pills can cause snoring by relaxing the throat muscles.
5. Sleep Apnea – Sleep Apnea is very dangerous to a patient because a person stops breathing during his sleep for 10 seconds or longer.
Give us a call to learn more about sleep apnea from Greenville, NC 252-752-1111 Drs Capps, Bowman & Padgett
Currently rated by 0 people