Two types of extractions:
1. A simple extraction is performed on a tooth that can be seen in the mouth. Most of these can be done using just an a local anesthetic, with or without sedation drugs. In a simple extraction, we will use forceps to extract the tooth.
2. A surgical extraction involves teeth that can not be seen easily in the mouth. We will need to make an incision in your gum to reach the tooth. In some cases, the tooth will need to be cut into pieces to be removed. Most of the time, a patient may like to be sedated for this. We can assist you in with sedation.
Types of surgical extractions;
2. Soft-tissue impacted (just under the gum)
3. Partial-bony impacted (partially stuck in the jaw)
4. Full-bony impacted (completely stuck in the jaw)
We do sedate our patient if they need it!!!!!! A 3D CT Scan will be taken to determine what you need.
Call 252-752-1111 Wisdom Teeth Grenville NC Drs Capps, Bowman &Padgett
Currently rated by 0 people