You should start brushing your child’s teeth at approximately 24 months of age. When they can brush by themselves, the parents should assist them until they are at least six to eight years of age. After age eight, parents should watch and help them until they are ten to eleven years old.
Tips to helping your child brush:
1. Use a soft, wet toothbrush without toothpaste until we advised otherwise.
2. Bristles of toothbrush should be rounded and soft
3. Brush with a gentle circular motion in each quadrant
4. Brush three to four minutes, in total, each time at least twice per day
5. Pick a toothbrush that fits the child hands comfortably.
6. Replace the toothbrush every three months.
Our hygienists have a large selection of toothbrushes to choose from. They will show you and your child how to brush their teeth.
Give us a call at Childrens Dentist Greenville NC (Drs Capps, Bowman & Padgett) 252-752-1111.
Currently rated by 0 people