Nothing should hold you back from achieving a healthy, beautiful smile! At Capps, Bowman, Padgett and Associates we have all of the necessary tools and techniques available to meet your comfort needs.
Sedation dentistry helps Greenville, NC patients feel relaxed and at ease in the dental chair. Some will choose sedation dentistry to enable those severe forms of dental phobias or dental anxieties. In fact, sedation dentistry can help you feel more comfortable in many situations such as:
- Extreme sensitivity to sights, sounds, and smells of the dental office
- Memory of a past traumatic dental experience
- Difficulty getting numb, or a fear of needles
- Severe gag reflex
- Allowing multiple procedures to be completed in one visit
- Neurological disorders or other reasons that make it difficult to hold still
- For specific dental treatments like dental implants, wisdom teeth removal or full mouth reconstruction
In our office, we offer two different forms of sedation dentistry. Nitrous oxide is breathed in, easing anxiety and producing a pleasurable feeling. For a deeper form of relaxation, oral conscious sedation is available.
Oral conscious sedation involves taking a prescription medication prior to your dental appointment, putting you in a relaxed state before treatment begins. During your appointment, vitals are monitored, ensuring the process is safe and effective. You’ll be able to communicate and respond to commands, but you won’t feel any pain and may have little to no memory of the treatment afterward.
Even if you’ve gone years without dental treatment because of dental anxiety or other troubles, you can put your trust in the hands of Capps, Bowman, Padgett and Associates. For your needs in sedation dentistry in the Greenville, NC area, call our office today.
Capps, Bowman, Padgett and Associates provide comprehensive sedation dentistry in Greenville, NC for the areas of Washington, Kinston, New Bern and Wilson, NC.